The Falls Active Adult Center, sponsored by the Regional Agency on Aging for Luzerne/Wyoming Counties, recently hosted a celebration to honor mothers.
Pictured, seated front row from left: Ruby Argonis, Paula Kostewicz, Elizabeth Rutkowski and Rose McKernan.
In second place are Kathy Gooch, Nancy McKinney, Norma Talbot, Susan Logan, Jeanette Line, Beth Rutkowski, Dora Reynolds and Twila Watkins.
• Monday, May 9, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Open house. Come check it out and receive a free gift.
• Wednesday, May 11: Luncheon at 12:15 pm Lois Elick, RN, BSN, of the PA Ministry of Health will discuss “Ticks and tick-borne diseases”.
• Monday, May 16, 10 a.m.: Atsuko McHale will give a class on origami. This course is free but you must pre-register.
• Thursday, May 19, Luncheon at 12:15 p.m.: Mary Reeves, LSW, of “The Gardens at Tunkhannock” will discuss “How to Protect Yourself Against Skin Cancer”
• Monday, May 23: Picnic at Hock Memorial Park, Church Street in Falls, 9:30 am to 1:30 pm All seniors are welcome, but you must confirm your attendance by Friday morning.
• Wednesday, May 25: Luncheon at 12:15 p.m. with Rachael Wydra, RN, BSN, of the PA Health Department to discuss “Ways of Dealing with Loss”
Anyone wishing to join us for a noon meal for a suggested donation of $2 for ages 60+ must RSVP to Twila at 570-388-2623 by 12:30 p.m. the day before.
The center is open from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Monday to Friday. It is located on SR 92 in Falls, Exeter Township.